Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
|The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh was conceived in 1960 as a center of excellence that would endeavor to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine. It was also envisaged that these specialists would spread out in the country in various medical colleges and medical institutions and impart medical education of the highest standard to the students and set up a nucleus of excellence in their own institutions. The PGIMER was also given the responsibility to broaden the horizons of medical knowledge by intensive research in the field of health.|
Courses offered by PGIMER, Chandigarh
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is one of the oldest and most famous medical education institutes in India. Established in 1962, PGIMER is not only a leading educational institution but is also a prominent healthcare center in north India. It must be noted that PGIMER does not offer MBBS courses but offers several other specializations, including the following: –
-Medical courses offered by PGIMER Chandigarh
– Master in Hospital Administration (MHA)
– Master of Public Health (MPH)
– Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) – Nursing, Medical Technology, Perfusion Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Audiology and Speech Rehabilitation, Medical X-Ray Technology.
– Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Microbiology, Speech, and Hearing, Nursing, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Medical Biotechnology, Medical Technology, Blood Transfusion Medicine.
– Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health Management (PGDM)
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh was mandated to
- Provide high-quality patient care.
- Attain Self-Sufficiency in postgraduate medical education and to meet the country’s need for highly qualified medical teachers in all medical and surgical disciplines.
- Provide educational facilities for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity.
- Undertake Basic Community-based research.
Also, Check Helpful Notes Paper
Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru inaugurating the
Nehru Hospital on 7th July 1963
Note This post Is only for the educational purpose this is Not an Offical College Website Click Here To Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Website Thank You