Important Instructions For NEET 2020
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2020
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. As a precaution for COVID-19, the candidate must reach the Centre as indicated against Reporting/Entry time at Centre in the Admit Card.
2. No candidate shall be permitted to enter the Centre after the Gate Closing Time.
3. No candidate shall be permitted to leave the Examination Room/ Hall before the end of the examination.
4. On completion of the examination, please wait for instructions from Invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised. The candidates will be permitted to move out one at a time only.
5. All candidates are required to download and carefully read the Instructions and Advisory for COVID-19 given with the Admit Card and strictly adhere to them.
6. This Admit Card consists of three pages- Page 1 contains the Centre details and Self Declaration (Undertaking) form regarding COVID-19, page 2 has “Important instruction for candidates” and page 3 has “Advisory for candidates regarding COVID-19”. The candidate has to download all the pages.
7. The Admit Card is provisional, subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions as given in the Information Bulletin.
8. Candidates are suggested to verify the location of the examination venue, a day in advance so that they do not face any problem on the day of examination.
9. If religion/customs require you to wear specific attire, please visit the Centre early for thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
10. No Candidate would be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without Admit Card, Undertaking, Valid ID Proof and proper frisking. Frisking through Handheld Metal Detector (HHMD) attached with a long rod will be carried out without physical touching.
11. Candidates are advised to carry only the following items with them into the examination venue:
a) Admit Card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
b) Personal transparent water bottle
c) Additional photograph same as uploaded on Application Form, to be pasted on Attendance Sheet
d) Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
e) Mask and gloves
f) PwD Certificate and Scribe related documents, if applicable
12. Before reaching the Centre, the candidates must enter required details in the Self Declaration (Undertaking) in legible handwriting, paste the Photograph, put Left- Hand Thumb Impression, and Candidate’s Parent’s signature at the appropriate places. They should ensure that their Left- Hand Thumb Impression is clear and not smudged. The candidate has to put their signature on the day of examination in presence of the Invigilator in the Examination Room/Hall.
13. Candidate must carry “Any one of the original and valid Photo Identification Proof issued by the government” – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/12th Class Board Admit or Registration card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ E-Aadhaar/ Ration Card./ Aadhaar Enrolment No. with Photo. All other ID/Photocopies of IDs even if attested/scanned photo of IDs in the mobile phone will NOT be considered as valid ID Proof.
14. PwD candidates must bring a PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority if claiming relaxation under PwD category. The Scribe must also carry his/her own Self Declaration (Undertaking) regarding educational qualification, etc., passport size photograph, valid government identity, and self-declaration (Undertaking) regarding COVID-19 (as per format given on Page-1).
THE CANDIDATE MUST BRING HER/HIS OWN SCRIBE AS PER ELIGIBILITY NORMS FOR SCRIBE.
15. Candidates are NOT allowed to carry any personal belongings including electronic devices, mobile phones, and other banned/ prohibited items listed in the Information Bulletin to the Examination Centre. Examination Officials will not be responsible for the safe keep of personal belongings and there will be no such facility.
16. The candidate is advised to follow the Dress Code. Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are NOT permitted.
17. Duly filled Admit Card at the end of the examination must be handed over to the Invigilator. Failure to do so may result in a non-evaluation of your OMR answers sheet.
18. On completion of the test, candidates must hand over the OMR Sheet (both Original and Office Copy) to the Invigilator and take away only the Test Booklet with them.
19. No Candidate should adopt any unfair means or indulge in any unfair examination practices as the examination centers are under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammers.
20. Candidates are advised to check updates on the NTA website regularly. They should also check their mailbox on the registered E-mail address and SMS in their registered Mobile No. for the latest updates and information regarding NEET (UG).
NTA will implement Social Distancing measures as per Government of India guidelines in the current scenario of COVID-19 to ensure the health & safety of the candidates. Adequate measures are implemented for the safety of all without compromising the high standards, sanctity, and fairness in the conduct of the examination. Candidates are also required to adhere to Guidelines and a new process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety &health of their own and fellow candidates.
For safety purposes, NTA strongly advises candidates not to bring anything other than permitted items. However, in the case of an unavoidable situation, there will be an arrangement to store the bags at centres at owner’s risk.
Preparation at the centre
- Standard Operating Procedures for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining the required standard of hygiene are getting implemented.
- Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized. All door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc will be disinfected. Wheelchairs (if present at the venue) will be disinfected.
- The gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entry and inside the exam venue at various places for candidates and centre staff to use.
- Thermo guns will be available in the Registration Room to check the body temperature of candidates. The Room/Hall number will be informed to the candidate inside the Registration Room.
- It is ensured that all the processes are touch-free to ensure Social Distancing norms.
- Candidate to reach Centre as per the Reporting/Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card to avoid any crowding at the Centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- Candidate to check Reporting/ Entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card and to reach centre as per Reporting time only to avoid any crowding at the Centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- Candidate should fill Admit Card and Undertake completely and properly, as per the instructions.
- Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue. Please refer to Important Instruction to Candidates on Page 2 for the details.
At the time of Entry
- Candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager/ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- Room/Hall number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in the centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- Candidate should bring duly filled in Admit Card and Undertaking as per instructions.
- Candidates would display their documents for verification from a safe distance.
- Do not bring prohibited items to the exam centre as there are no arrangements available for safekeeping your belongings. Please refer to Point-11 of IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES given on Page-2 for permitted items.
- At time of entry, the filled-in Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide you to respective room/hall after contact-free frisking and document verification. Candidates are required to strictly adhere to instructions provided by centre staff.
- If body temperature is higher than COVID-19 norms, a candidate would be taking the exam in a separate room or Isolation Room.
- Please observe that no-one will be denied permission to appear for the examination until he/ she violates the COVID-19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Candidates can sanitize their hands with sanitizer available in the examination room/hall.
- Candidates are required to paste passport size photograph and sign on the Attendance sheet and Admit Card after sanitizing hands with sanitizer.
- In order to stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/ her from home and use the mask provided at the centre in the examination room.
- On completion of the exam, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
- Duly filled Admit Card at the end of the examination must be handed over to the Invigilator. Failure to do so may result in non-evaluation of your OMR answers sheet.